Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chip Bridges CNG GTO #2 Story

Keith,

Thanks for the kind words. Just remember you guys had the guts to pull it off first, and were cool enough to document it and share it.

I remember the day I saw the first video. I was adding up the list of parts for the 455 I wanted to build, (doing the engineer thing, putting all the parts into excel and making a spreadsheet out of it). I was a little bummed about having to spend an extra $800 for custom dished pistons to lower the compression ratio for 87 octane gas to run the 670 heads I had done the year before. It was still lunch so I thought, hey lets goof off on face book. Then I saw the video of your 66 via a Pickens plan post, talk about a perfect storm. Multiple carburetion with a 66 tri-power manifold and CNG how cool is that???....click......search...click.... search. I found the YouTube videos that explained all the technology, awesome! Another search yielded two public CNG stations at sky harbor airport. I drove out to the airport the next day; its only 12 miles from the house, I usually just take the GTO out for joy rides anyway, so the plan was formed.

Chip Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment